I am first and foremost a makeup artist, but I also have a day job as an office manager. Although I have been known to come into work wearing what some may call “inappropriate work makeup” or “a night look” (I’m sorry, I can’t squash the artist in me just because it’s a weekday), I also sometimes wear Office Manager Makeup. Today is one of those days.
I’m sorry that I don’t have a picture to attach. But even if my camera wasn’t currently on the fritz, I probably wouldn’t have one. Whenever I take a picture of myself, I end up looking like some weird turtle/troll/bunny hybrid and then I start researching plastic surgeons in the area. So you’re just going to have to trust me here. This is a day job appropriate look that would work on people with light to medium skin.
Because I tend to use a lot of products and I know some of you would want a simpler look, I’ll put the word “optional” next to the products that you can get away with omitting.
- Sense Daytime Protective Emulsion (or SPF 15 moisturizer that you like)
- MAC Face & Body Foundation
- Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit #2 (to highlight and contour) OPTIONAL
- MAC Select Coverup (under eyes and on blemishes)
- MAC powder blush in Tenderling (on apples of cheeks)
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder (on t-zone)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- MAC eyeshadow in Ricepaper (all over lid)
- MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe (in crease and outer V)
- MAC Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack (top lashline) OPTIONAL
- MAC eyeshadow in Brulee (on browbone) OPTIONAL
- MAC eyeshadow in Mystery (a tiny bit at lower lashline, using a pencil brush)
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara (top and bottom lashes)
- Whatever brow pencil or shadow you normally use to fill in brows
- MAC Lipliner in Sublime Culture (line and fill in lips) OPTIONAL
- MAC Lipstick on Creme d’Nude
That’s it! It’s really a pretty, polished, work appropriate look. I will do one for medium to dark skin as soon as I can.
Have a beautiful day 🙂